I've been thinking about doing this for a while...and now that I've just finished my last long-term freelance art job, I need a way to make some money until I find something else. So, I thought it couldn't hurt because I need money to pay for student loans, student loans, the occasional video game, and also student loans.
Here's the rundown:
- Payments will be done via PayPal. USD ONLY. If you live outside the US we can negotiate the cost for currency conversion in private.
- I will begin work only after I have received payment. Please allow a reasonable amount of time for completion.
- Unless otherwise requested, I reserve the right to post a (low-res, watermarked) copy of the commission on deviantART, Tumblr, and keep for use in my artwork portfolio. Credit will be given for any original characters or concepts used.
- On fanart: I will only do fanart for fandoms I am personally familiar with (examples include DBZ, Pokemon, When They Cry, Attack on Titan, Free!, etc). Feel free to ask me if I'm willing to do [x fandom] art if you're unsure.
- No NSFW/adult content.
- I reserve the right to refuse requests as I see fit.
- PRICES LISTED BELOW ARE A BASELINE AND MAY VARY DEPENDING ON THE COMPLEXITY OF THE IMAGE.
If you're interested please send me a note with the following information:
- Commission type (see below)
- A brief description of what you're looking for
- At least 1 reference of your character (if you have no image references, provide a detailed description - hairstyle, outfit, color scheme, etc)
- A brief description of their personality (so I can understand them better)
- Your PayPal name
If I accept the commission, I will respond with the price for it, as well as my PayPal information. When completed you'll receive a high-res .png of the finished image.
This is my first time doing commissions, so let me know if something is unclear or confusing.
Click the example images for full-size. (NOTE: some of my examples use greyscale screentones - this would count as 'base colors' price-wise, so just specify if this is what you'd like)Headshot/Half-Body
A bust or waist-up shot of your character. Lineart/Base Colors:
$15 Detailed Background:
+$5 (please provide description) Simple Background (color/texture/pattern):
no additional charge, but please specify. Otherwise it will be transparent. Fullbody
A basic fullbody shot of your character in a fairly simple and un-actiony pose. Lineart/Base Colors:
$15 + $5 for each additional character Full-Shading:
$20 + $10 for each additional character Detailed Background:
+$10 (please provide description) Simple Background (color/texture/pattern):
no additional charge, but please specify. Otherwise it will be transparent. Dynamic Image
A more dynamic and engaging image of your character(s) - fight scenes, complex poses, funky perspectives, etc. Please note these are more complex pieces, and will take a longer to complete as a result. Lineart/Base Colors:
$20 + $5 for each additional character Full-Shading:
$25 + $10 for each additional character Background:
Negotiable depending on amount of detail. Inking/Coloring/Shading Something YOU Drew
(Pardon the watermarks but I was paid for this and the original is not mine)
Don't have a tablet? I'll ink or color a scan/photograph of your artwork. Note that this is a bit different from the other categories and prices may vary significantly depending on the original image - this can be negotiated privately. Lineart/Base Colors:
[NOTE: If you provide me with CLEAN lineart and just want the image colored and shaded, the price drops to $10] Detailed Background:
+$10 (please provide description)
[NOTE: If a background is part of your original image you will not be charged extra for it to be included; this is only if I have to create a background from scratch] Simple Background (color/texture/pattern):
no additional charge, but please specify color scheme or general look and feel (gradient, texture, etc). Character Sprites
NON-ANIMATED ONLY. This may change in the future, but for now I'm only offering static poses. Entire Sprite:
$10 Chibi/Derp Style
Can be a headshot, a fullbody, or even something actiony because I don't have to give too many fucks about anatomy. Lineart/Base Colors:
$5 + $5 for each additional character Full-Shading:
$10 + $5 for each additional character Simple Background (color/texture/pattern):
no additional charge, but please specify. Otherwise it will be transparent.
The examples provided are all fairly recent and show my current style and capabilities. Feel free to browse the rest of my gallery keeping in mind that I've been on deviantART for a long time, and older work may not reflect my current ability.
(The female Pokemon trainer and Santadude in the 'Dynamic Images' examples are OCs belonging to VelkynKarma
(used with permission). Everyone except the tiger in the 'IGNO Christmas Story' poster are joint intellectual property between myself and the forum members they're based on. Also the poster design itself is based on this Avengers movie poster
, with permission from the artist. Any fanart in the examples is of course property of their respective authors.)